Nov 8, 2007

Without A Mother

Did anyone see Kellie Pickler (from American Idol fame) on the CMAs last night? Poor girl, it broke my heart! She performed a song written for her mother that left her when she was two. Watching her pain as she sang made me think about my daughter and sweet-baby-girl-to-be. Although they will have the love of their mother, I hope and pray that not knowing their biological mothers doesn't create a devastating hole in their hearts. I will do my best to be the best mother I can be...which includes finding the right words to help fill that void.

Here's the clip from the CMAs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that last night too! It was so sad and I agree it certainly hits you hard. When your heart aches for your mother's love...ughh. Your girls are very lucky to have a mother that recognizes the importance of filling the emptiness that they may go through one day.
Thanks for sharing this!

Amanda said...

Wow! I know you told me not to watch it tonight, but I had to. Now I have a headache and swollen eyes...argh! Your girls will know the love of a wonderful, gracious, caring, nurturing mother who will be there to braid the hair and dress them for the prom. They are the lucky ones. Thanks for sharing the clip. Very very touching.

Living to Love said...

VERY moving ...sittn here in tears

Anonymous said...

I tuned in right in the middle of her song and I wondered why she was so emotional. Wheres my kleenex?
JennyB.